January 12, 2013

So the contest ended today, and I'd just like to thank everyone for their entries.  We received well over twenty or so entries for the contest, which I think was pretty good for the first one.  Interestingly enough, we received entries from all over the world for this contest, including places such as Chile, Mexico, Canada, Italy, and Australia.  Shout out to Kirax7 who submitted a really cool graphic flow chart as his answer, which came out really nice.  Obviously, this wasn't an easy contest in that it required a bit of thinking, which I can understand might be a turn off for some folks.  I promise the next contest will be much more user friendly.  Now, for the bad news...

We did not receive any correct entries.

Believe me, I wanted to give stuff away, I really did.  MJM and I have made a video explaining the correct answer below, and I go into detail on each individual step.

Giant Eagle was the main perpetrator of the whole thing, as many people did not understand how his effect is placed on the chain and has to resolve, rather than occurring right away.  Asuma was also point of contention as many folks thought he immediately discarded the top 2 cards of your deck when he triggered, which he does not.  Again, I go into detail in the video below.




In light of this all, I have decided that I am going to be doing a lot more Research Tour articles very soon, and will be going into greater detail about the different types of effects that exist in the game and the way their can be modified.  I am going to make it my duty to make sure that everyone will be able to tell an Optional Activated Effect with Condition from an Optional Triggered Effect with Cost by the time I am done.  



Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Mull to Four Gaming - Date A Live - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -